Dayton Arcade Photographs
The magnificent Dayton Arcade complex was built between 1904 and 1908. It consists of five interlocking buildings featuring the impressive glass domed Rotunda and once proud walkway that provided shops for the local populace. It is located in the heart of Dayton, bordered by Third, Fourth, main and Ludlow streets. This impressive monument to Dayton’s past is more than just buildings; it is a memory of the city’s history and culture. The Dayton Arcade was once described in 1909 as being “in a class by itself…unlike anything else in the country.” These photographs taken by Robert Thaman show how true those words are.